So this is my first try at writing a blog. I was skimming through photos from the Jacksonville games over the weekend and one photo stood out. I looked at the photo above and said, "that had the height for like 40ft". But it didn't go 40'.
That's a lot of things isn't it?
Your inches away, degrees off. We set goals and work toward them, and some times we just don't quite make it. I had a disappointing day by all accounts. This won't be about my throwing every time. Just, today it's on my mind pretty prominently. Sometimes you have to clear some things out and get your head right. Some of us need a little holding our feet to the fire.
I have had a bunch of projects in mind for some time now and haven't made a lick of progress. I routinely cheat on my diet, although I'm not really in it for weight loss. And, to bring it back home on today's topic, I routinely allow myself to reinforce bad habits in my throwing. It's pretty easy to get wrapped up in numbers and let things get lost. So, I think the new plan for my bad events needs to be establishing a solid routine that builds the good habits. No skipping drills or loosing good feeling to try to get an extra couple feet in a training throw.
That said today's plan:
10 cast drill
5 line drill
10 release tosses
10 one turns
5-10 full throws
8x8 back squat
5x8 hang clean
No shortcut for doing the work.
Oops weird double load on the photo....spot the 6 differences.
ReplyDelete