So I'm a little sad today cause I don't have anything weird and wacky to talk about. I took full advantage of the beautiful day to get out and throw and lift some before cooking dinner for the family. Where as the last few times out throwing have been a frustrating mess this was a very pleasant change of pace. Today we played throw it over the Alttoids tin, and that seemed to take some of the grrrrrrr out of things and get a little focus on feeling it rather than trying to hit a number.
I wasn't destroying things but a good 5-6 throws right at 36-37' with a 17.8 lb stone. I hung it just short of 40' at Jacksonville but I would like to go over that at every game this season barring injury or illness. I was discussing with Adriane Wilson that I, at least feel I have, hit a point where I am not going to get signifigantly better technically. I lack the years of repetition with coaching to make another 20' possible, but with some of the throws that I ticked off before things got destabilized in my training I think 50' should be possible before I hang things up with this. So I have to get the strength level back that I had post strongman.
Now LWFD that is a whole other kettle o fish. I felt good for a handful of throws today I may have found the key. The phrase that runs through my head that makes the next throwing evolution happen. I felt the weight really pulling my hand coming into turn two and it felt smoking fast but the release thing just baffles me.
Wow, that is a three short paragraph spout that no one but me would really care about.
Okay a bit of fun. A lesser known lifting music top 5 to Jack up some big lifts, in 5x5 spirit.
Wires- Red Fang
Winters Wolves- The Sword
Frost Hammer- High on Fire
Animal Farm- Clutch
Mary Anne's Place-Volbeat
No comments:
Post a Comment