So, I have gone a pretty long stretch without having a thought that I felt worth taking the time to write about. Maybe I still haven't I am not sure yet, but I thought maybe it was time. I am a fan of the blog Chaos and Pain, found elsewhere on blogger.com. I have had the pleasure of knowing Jaime and witnessing his intensity and passion that he brings along with his opinions on ANY topic under the sun. He is very prolific at putting things out here. I am just no match for the volume of cognitive flow he has.
I try to keep things sports related here because we all have life stuff. If you don't have life...STUFF you are either too wealthy to worry or too boring to worry about. Some folks know I suffered a labrum injury this summer that has taken still more steam out of my motor. It has left me a little more limited as to what I can do, how I can push etc. Couple that with the reduced time and what not, ya da ya da. It's been a hard transition because I have been very proud of my strength over the years. I revere heros like everyone else. I take enormous inspiration from the story of Ernest Shakelton and the ill fated final expedition he led to cross Antarctica. We can't all have an opportunity to demonstrate courage and leadership like Shakelton. But, sometimes men and women can become legend for their physical prowess.
Donald Dinnie lifted and took 12 paces with about 900lbs of good Scottish stone in hand. Today you can try it yourself because the very stones have been preserved and made available to the strength thrill seeker.
The strength world has the names that you HAVE to know. Paul Anderson, Jon Paul, Kaz, Andy Bolton, Ed Coan, etc. I knew I would never have a feat that added my name to strength legend, but I was at least on the path. And lately I've gotten off that path and feel it pulling me back. It made me happy. There was a sense of accomplishment like the skilled craftsman finishing a job. A night of good dead lifting was like building a fence, or harvesting a barn full of hay. I did something.
I suppose that is why I love my Kaigen so much. Amanda and I did something. We did it right and the result is beautiful. I want to be strong now for him. I want to do things to make him proud one day of what his dad could do, and maybe he will want to follow down that path. I believe good things are gotten with hard work and perseverance. And, for Kaigen I'd like to prove that.
No comments:
Post a Comment